Asp.net interviews are considered to be one of the most challenging interviews that require more preparation and more focus. For this specific reason, we have hand-picked the most common interview questions supported with answers.
Every question, as well as answer included in this article, are carefully selected by professional hiring managers who have years of experience in the field. That is to say, every answer included in this article is written in a way that will let you have a great positive impression of the interviewer. Before we dive into this asp.net interview questions and answers, let's define what is asp.net?
ASP.NET is a technology that allows you to create, deploy, and run Web applications. Asp.Net applications can be written in any language that is compatible with the common language runtime, including Microsoft Visual Basic and C#. Here are some sample interview questions about Asp.Net technologies and development. Take the time to go over the most common interview questions you will be asked.
Most Common Asp.net Interview Questions and Answer in 2022
Below, a list of the most commonly asked asp.net interview questions and answers in 2022.
1) Asp.net interview question: What is the difference between the ASP and ASP.NET?
Answer: The primary distinction between ASP and ASP.Net is that ASP is an interpreted language, whereas ASP.Net is a compiled language. Because ASP utilizes VBScript, the ASP page is interpreted when it is run. ASP.Net, on the other hand, employs.Net languages like C# and VB.NET, which are compiled into Microsoft intermediate code.
2) Asp.net interview question: What is common language runtime (CLR)?
Answer: CLR is the.NET Framework's fundamental and virtual machine component. It is the.NET Framework's run-time environment that executes the code and aids in the development process by providing services like remoting, thread management, type-safety, memory management, robustness, and so on. It is in charge of controlling the execution of.NET programs, independent of the programming language used. It also aids in code management, since code that targets the runtime is referred to as Managed Code, whilst code that does not target the runtime is referred to as Unmanaged Code.
3) Asp.net interview question: What is a web application framework, and what are its benefits?
Answer: It might be intimidating to learn how to create a contemporary web application. The majority of online apps contain a common set of features, such as:
- Create a dynamic response that matches an HTTP request.
- Let users log in and manage their data in the application.
- Data should be saved in a database.
- Take care of database transactions and connections.
- Send URLs to the right methods.
- Sessions, cookies, and user authorization are all supported.
- Improve security and format output (e.g. HTML, JSON, XML).
Frameworks help developers in the creation, maintenance, and scaling of applications. They offer tools and frameworks that make the aforementioned repetitive activities easier to complete, removing a lot of needless complexity.
4) Asp.net interview question: What are the Advantages of Using ASP.NET Web API?
Answer: The benefits of using the Sing ASP.NET Web API are numerous, but the following are the most important:
- For all CRUD activities, it uses normal HTTP verbs like GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, and so forth.
- Routing is fully supported.
- Using MediaTypeFormatter, a response in JSON or XML format is produced.
- It may be hosted in IIS as well as self-hosted outside of the IIS framework. Validation and Model Binding
- OData support is available.
5) Asp.net interview question: What is Server control?
Answer: Server Controls is a feature of ASP.NET that allows you to change the values of controls on the server-side. This is very useful for creating verifying and dynamically generated web forms.
6) Asp.net interview question: What does “PostBack” mean in ASP.NET?
Answer: The process of submitting an ASP.NET page to the server for processing is known as a PostBack. If the page's credentials need to be verified against other sources (for example, utilizing a database to confirm the username and secret key/password), PostBack is used. This is something that a client computer will not be able to do, so these facts must be ‘posted back' on the server. As a result, we can say that a postback event happens on the client-side but is handled by code in a server-side copy of the page.
7) Asp.net interview question: What is an ASP.NET Web API framework?
Answer: ASP.NET Web API is exclusively for creating backend web APIs that can be used by a variety of clients, including web, desktop, and mobile. In the RESTful (Representational State Transfer) architecture, it is the server component.
8) Asp.net interview question: What is the web.config file and what we use it for?
Answer: The web.config file is critical since it includes the application's configuration settings. It separates your configuration from your code, allowing you to quickly modify settings without affecting your code. It may also be possible to encrypt the setup parameters for further security.
9) Asp.net interview questions: Explain the differences between GridView and DataGrid?
10) Asp.net interview questions: What is the difference between client-side and server-side validations in WebPages?
11) Asp.net interview question: Explain the Global.asax file?
Answer: Global.asax is a file in the application root directory that is optional. Application Start, Application End, Session Start, Session End, and other higher-level application events are handled in this file. The ASP.NET Application File is another name for it. Global.asax contains a Class that represents your whole application. This file is processed and compiled at runtime into a dynamically generated.NET Framework class based on the HTTP Application base class.
12) Asp.net interview question: Explain Cookies in ASP.NET?
Answer: A cookie is a little piece of text that retains information personal to a certain user. The browser saves cookies on the user's hard disk and uses them whenever the user accesses a certain page. Cookies help in enhancing the user experience and speeding up the loading of websites by storing date and time information as part of the data. Cookies may be generated and retrieved using ASP. In ASP, there are two sorts of cookies: persistent and non-persistent.
13) Asp.net interview question: Explain the role of the various components of the MVC pattern?
Answer: Within a web application, this class represents all of the data and business logic that the user interacts with. The model in ASP.NET is represented by C# classes that store the data and the logic that works with it. The model classes are in the 'Models' directory.
A model class representing a blog article, for example, may look like this:
14) Asp.net interview question: What is tracing in .NET?
Answer: In.net, racing allows you to track a page's execution route, debug the application, and display diagnostic information as it's running. Trace messages may be read and changed directly from the code, allowing for more precise control and the addition of additional information. ASP.NET organizes the tracing data into a collection of tables.
15) Asp.net interview question: What is the purpose of the wwwroot folder?
Asp.net interview questions are a bit challenging but with extra organized preparation, you can ace your asp.net interview. Concerning preparation, it is very important to keep in mind that interview preparation is a challenging process but with the help of Huru, you can optimally prepare for your next job interview. Huru is an AI-powered interview coach that uses smart algorithms to analyze candidates' performance during a simulated interview and provide insights about how to improve.